Updated 06 / 29 / 2014
Now with character interactions & more colour!
Yeah, I'm definitely more excited about this than I should be, but honestly, I just couldn't help myself.
With characters like Orbot, Cubot, and potentially Shadow, being planed to appear, I'm sure many of us are / have been wondering; if there are other characters in the sonic universe appearing in Boom as well, what would they look like? Would their appearance change a little or a lot? Would their personalities & traits be the same or altered as well?
Well, at one point I thought of Rouge, then an idea just sparked, and the result was this piece.
Rouge's traits -
- Taking cues from Ray the flying squirrel, Rouge's new appearance would involve having her wings on her arms like real bats. However, she would have the unique ability to expand them to the point where they would be nearly twice as large as she is, allowing her to fly with much more strength during bad weather conditions, or when carrying someone or something.
- While her wings are powerful, Her body shape would be altered for the same reason as Knuckles, in the sense of having more emphasis on where the majority of her muscles are. In her case, lower body strength due to her kickboxing, which would also lightly explain the loss of her boots in favour of workout wear.
- Although the end result of her new figure makes her look somewhat chubby, this could relate to the fact that her appetite grew due to her constant workout sessions. Every once & a while it would be poked fun at by Amy, but Rouge would take them as compliments, representing the fact that she wouldn't care what other people think of her physique, and just lives life in whatever way she feels comfortable.
"what exactly do you see in that clumsy hulk anyway?"
"I don't know hun I guess next to jewels I also have a thing for guys with burly physiques. y'know, like MANY girls do?"
"says the bat with the extremely large hips" *mumble-grumble*.
- She would still be a treasure hunter, and would still tease Sonic and his friends, but Rouge's personality would be more like how she was first portrayed in Adventure 2. Her flirting would be toned down a notch to make her much less of a slut and more of a character who enjoys her day job, while leaving any sort of legit affections towards Knuckles.
Because seriously, just pair her up with Knuckles already. It was one of the reasons she was created in SA2 anyway, besides being his rival.
- Because of the more humorous tone of the game & show, She would also be one of those characters who would see slapstick moments as another ordinary daily occurrence, especially when she experiences toon-esque scenarios herself that the other characters would question.
But what do you guys think? Should I do more like this? Do you agree / disagree with this alteration? Let me know in the comments below!
(Characters & Sonic Boom material belong to SEGA & BigRedButton Entertainment respectively)